We are looking forward to an amazing event to kick off our school year tonight. Here are a few reminders:
- When you arrive at 5pm there will be tables set up in the school yard. You may drop off your dish at the table designated for your grade.
- Please bring your dishes ready to serve with any necessary utensils. If your dish contains nuts, please label it for allergy purposes.
- The PTA will provide all plates, forks, napkins, and bottled water. Keep an eye out for our recycling ambassadors who will be collecting your empty bottles!
- After dropping off your food, you will go upstairs to your child’s classroom for the Meet the Teacher portion of the evening from 5-6.
- From 6-8, all families will enjoy a shared dinner in the school yard. Feel free to bring a blanket to sit on as seating will be limited.
- The PTA will be selling glow sticks, so don’t forget to bring a little cash. All proceeds are going to support much needed SmartBoard maintenance, so your participation is greatly appreciated.
- We are also still in need of volunteers to help set up, clean up, and sell glow sticks. Please sign up! http://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0b4ba4aa23aa8-2016
We hope you will all join us for the first meeting of the year, tonight in the Cafe from 7-8pm. Come meet your fellow parents and find out how you can get more involved in your child’s school experience! Babysitting will be provided.
Happy Wednesday! You should have all received the informational flyer in your child’s folder today regarding our upcoming AEA Meet the Teacher and Food Bazaar next Thursday, September 22 from 5-8pm. This is one of our favorite events of the year. After you meet your child’s teacher and see his or her classroom, come outside and enjoy a fabulous potluck dinner with our entire school community!
In addition to signing up to contribute a dish here, if you’re willing to help us with setup and/or cleanup, please sign up here. You can also volunteer to staff our PTA table to facilitate a fun Glow Stick Sale which will fund some necessary SmartBoard maintenance in our classrooms.
We look forward to seeing you all there!
We hope everyone had a wonderful first few days at school! A few reminders:
- There is no school on Monday.
- All students will resume a regular schedule of 8:10-2:30 on Tuesday.
- Our first PTA meeting is this Thursday at 7pm in the Cafe. We hope you will all join us in meeting our fellow parents!
- If you haven’t already, please return all completed blue cards and other forms with your child on Tuesday.
We hope you all had an amazing summer!
- Our first day of school is this Thursday, September 8th. All K-3 students begin at 8:10. Kindergarten will be dismissed at 11:30 on Thursday only, grades 1-3 will be dismissed at 2:30.
- Pre-K students have received their abbreviated schedules for Thursday and Friday on postcards sent home.
- A welcome folder will be going home the first week with important information about the school year.
- If you ordered supplies from First Day School Supply, they have already arrived and been delivered to your child’s classroom!
- No school on Monday, September 12th!
- If you signed up for Wingspan it begins Tuesday, September 13th.
- Our first PTA Meeting will be on Thursday, September 15th at 7:00pm in the Cafe. Mark your calendars!
- Meet the Teacher and our third annual AEA Food Bazaar is Thursday, September 22nd. A sign up will go out soon for food contributions.
We can’t wait to see all of you on Thursday!!
-Congratulations to all of our Pre-K and Kindergarten students who celebrated with year end performances this week!
-Last night two of our tireless parent volunteers were recognized for their efforts by the CEC. Thank you for all that you do, Maria Scoloveno (Christopher and Guiliana) and Ilyse Sisolak (Mackenzie.)
-Our AEA Parents Night Out is tomorrow! We are looking forward to a chance to mingle, relax, and get creative. It’s not too late to sign up. We still have six spots remaining, so grab a friend and join the fun!! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to RSVP and you can pay at the door.
Breaking News! Anyone who has registered and paid for our Parents’ Night Out by Thursday, May 26 will be entered to win 4 tickets to the Mets/Dodgers game THIS Saturday Night in the Citi Pavillion section! A winner will be randomly selected and announced on Thursday.
Special thanks to Rebecca C.’s mom for the donation!
Our Parents’ Night Out is right around the corner on Saturday, June 4! If you haven’t registered yet, please send in your forms/checks this week. We are looking forward to a great night of painting, cocktails, and some fun raffle items. Please join us!
-This Wednesday is School Nurse Appreciation Day! Let’s celebrate Nurse Yana but surprising her with notes and goodies. Please send in a card, a box of tissues, a bottle of hand sanitizer, or a box of bandages with your child on Wedesday morning!
-We are so looking forward to our Parents’ Night Out with the ArtNest on Saturday, June 4! Attendance will be capped at 30 people, so don’t forget to send in your registration form ASAP. If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com
-The student-led Gallery Walk is this Thursday afternoon/evening. The children are very excited to share their work with you!
Have a fabulous week!
–Thank you all for your generous outpouring of items for the teacher’s goody cart today. The spread was amazing and the teachers were so surprised and grateful!
-Annual elections were held at last night’s PTA meeting. The new SLT member is Ivy Kwong. President is Katy Chiu, Treasurer is Emma Symons, and our new secretary is Henny Maddox. Thank you to everyone for your involvement.
-If you are interested in attending our Parent’s Night Out on Saturday, June 4 (and we hope you are!), please submit your registration as soon as possible! It should be a great evening!
-Warmer weather is just around the corner (please, please, please!) A few things to keep in mind:
- no open-toed shoes
- floor length skirts and dresses are a tripping hazard, especially on stairs
- please wear shorts under skirts and dresses for comfort and playground safety (hot slides, etc.)
- shoulder straps should be at least three fingers wide
-As the air conditioners kick on for the season, some rooms may be quite cool. Even in the warmest weather, all children are encouraged to bring a sweater or light jacket to leave at school for the week.
We hope you have a pleasant and at least partly-sunny weekend!