Our February PTA Meeting is tomorrow February 13th at 7:00 PM. We will be discussing the below, among other things:
- CEC Meeting – Update on 2/1 Meeting & Planning for Future Meetings
- Spring Fundraisers – Restaurant Weeks & More
Babysitting services will be provided. Hope to see all there!
Today we are sending out a link to each family’s tax receipt for donations made to the PTA of AEA during 2017. If you believe there is an error on your receipt, please email us at email@example.com.
Great news! We have partnered with 3 different restaurants to host fundraising nights. Bring your family, friends and neighbors and mention PS 303 AEA at the register BEFORE paying.
Chipotle – 70-30 Austin Street – February 27th 4:00-8:00 PM
50% of Sales will go to AEA, if a minimum of $300 in sales are generated.
Panera Bread – 7325 Woodhaven Boulevard – March 6th 4:00-8:00 PM
20% of Sales will go to AEA, if a minimum of $100 in sales are generated.
Shake Shack – 71-26 Austin St – March 13th – 11:00 AM – 11 :00PM
25% of Sales will go to AEA
Shop for AEA – we are continually working on partnering with companies that sell products and services that can be useful for our families and also give back to our school. A current list can be found on our website here.
We have recently added Shutterfly and Mighty Nest!
Closing SOON – “Pepper Zhang” –get your copy www.PepperZhang.com and put AEA in the Notes. 20% will go to the PTA for purchases made by February 5th.
And don’t forget to keep clipping the Box Tops For Education. The school will be collecting again in the Spring.
Coming Soon: AEA Restaurant Week, which will include Chipotle, Shake Shack and Panera Bread. Stay tuned for details!
Reminder: Please take a minute to answer our PTA Meeting Survey and help us determine the best day of the week for our PTA meetings. Click here to access.
To all AEA Families,
On Wednesday we announced that we will be holding a special meeting on Monday, January 29th at 7 PM, to discuss the proposal to zone our school. We will review the repercussions for our kids, incoming siblings and incoming students from District 28. We will also talk through how to present our arguments at the Thursday CEC meeting.
Hope to see you there! Babysitting will be provided.
Note: information has already been shared on the Families of AEA Google Group. If you have not joined the group yet, please email Ilyse at Ilyse@yahoo.com.
- TD Affinity Program – We have partnered with TD Bank to raise money for our school. Watch for a flyer coming home this week for details.
- Matching Gifts – many corporations match the donations that you have made to the school. Please check with your employer to see if the PTA (501C(3) non-profit) qualifies for a match.
- PTA Meeting – Next Meeting is February 1st. See you then!
- Reminder “Pepper Zhang” – If you’d like to order a copy of the book, go to www.PepperZhang.com and put AEA in the comments. 20% will go to the PTA for purchases made by February 5th.
- Amazon Smile – don’t forget to use the link when shopping through Amazon. Its an easy (free for you) way for the AEA to raise money.
*follow us on Facebook PTA of AEA 303
- “Pepper Zhang” – Jerry Zhang, the author, read to the children in K-3 this week. The feedback from the kids has been great. If you’d like to order a copy of the book, go to www.PepperZhang.com and put AEA in the comments. 20% of purchases will go to the PTA.
- Kindergarten Applications – the deadline has been extended to January 19th. If your child is in Pre-K at 303, you still must submit an application for kindergarten, if you plan to stay.
- PTA Meeting – This month’s PTA meeting was cancelled due to the snow last Thursday. Since we do not have any pressing items, we will not be rescheduling. See you at the next meeting on February 1st.
*follow us on Facebook “PTA of AEA 303” and don’t forget to accept the Google group invitations that went out earlier this week.
PTA Meeting Canceled: Due to the school closure tomorrow, the PTA meeting is also canceled. Keep safe and warm, and stay tuned for our next PTA meeting.
Final Picture Order Deadline 1/5/18 : Stomping Ground orders entered by this Friday will be shipped to the school for free. After Friday the free shipping goes away and the price also increases. The PTA gets 15% of your order to fund our programs for the school. Pictures can be ordered at shop.stompinggroundphoto.com. The password is PS303 + First 3 Letters of First name + First 3 Letters of Last Name. At this point all the pictures, including retakes, can be viewed and ordered on the website.